Become A Credit Union Member
All credit union members begin with a savings account with a minimum balance of $25. Your $25 minimum balance represents your share of the credit union, as a member-owner, and gives each member equal voting rights at our annual meeting. To join the credit union, you don't need to make an appointment -- just stop by!
What to bring with you:
Your ID can include one form of ID that has both your photo and address -OR- two forms of ID with one having a photo and the other verifying your address.
- Minimum Deposit
A deposit of $25 in cash or as a check payable to yourself to be deposited into your savings account.
- Social Security Number
You won't need the card but make sure you have your social security number and that anyone else who is going to be joint on the account(s) has theirs as well.
You are eligible to become a credit union member if you fall within one of the following fields of membership:
- Live in the town of Gates or Chili
- Work for a company with headquarters or a main office in Gates or Chili
- Worship in the town of Gates or Chili
- Go to school in Gates or Chili
- Volunteer in Gates or Chili
- Have a family member or household member that is a member
- Have a family member or household member that is eligible for membership but isn’t a member
Not sure if you’re eligible?
We can help. Call (585) 247-1090 to speak with a Membership Specialist
People Helping People
We continue to grow and improve our technology without losing sight of the credit union core philosophy -- "People helping people."