Summer Living Accounts
The Summer Living Account allows you to have a dedicated account where you can save funds for your summer goals -- whether it's to have money saved for summer expenses, pay for a vacation or save for upcoming fall college costs. In exchange for not being able to withdraw funds until July 1st, we pay you a higher rate than our regular savings accounts.
When you open this account, you'll fill out a form telling us which suffix you'd like your savings deposited (savings, checking, etc). Then, on July 1st, we'll deposit your savings and the interest you've earned into that suffix.
- No minimum or maximum balance
- Start saving anytime after July 1st
- Add money during the year to increase your savings
- Typically earns higher interest than primary savings accounts
- Grow your savings with automatic transfers from your primary savings, checking or with payroll deduction
- Use Online Banking or AnytimeTeller to make transfers on your own
- A service charge fee of $20.00 will be charged for each withdrawal. This fee will not apply if the withdrawal is made within the first seven days after the account is opened.
- For a complete listing of all fees, visit our fee page.
Ready to Open an Account?
All credit union members begin with a savings account with a minimum balance of $25. To join the credit union, you don't need to make an appointment -- just stop by!